Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Shabby Chic



This is my card for June's Monthly Challenge for the Creative Card Chicks.  This group is a kind of mystery image swap, where we each get an image and additional items to complete the challenge each month.  Debby is the hostess this month and sent us a cute Inkadinkado image, stamped on Kraft paper.  Debby loves shabby chic so she challenged us to create a car in that style.  Debby also sent us some great embellishments and patterned papers, along with a piece of burlap. 

We are to post our cards between the 21st and 23rd of each month--so if you check the blogs on my sidebars today or in the next few days, you may see more of these wonderful creations!

I used my aqua pen to water color the image and fussy cut it so I could mount it over the piece of burlap.  I used some of the cute flowers Debby sent on the outside of my card, and on the inside.  I did use the sweet lace Debby sent!




 

Here is the inside of my card:




This was a fun kit and I hope the Debby and the others like my card.

Image/Sentiment:  Inkadinkado Mason Jar with Flowers/Sentiment-Stampin' Up Small Script

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Kraft Paper; SU Early Espresso; Studio Patterned Paper


Ink: SU Basic Black


Accessories:  
Aqua Painter and SU Inks; Flowers; Su Oval Punches; Ivory Lace; Small Doily;




4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Wow Barb, you are really rocking the fussy cutting these days! This is remarkable, can't believe you cut out that vase of flowers but what an incredible focal point it makes on your card! SENSATIONAL!!

Carol W said...

What a great card Barb, love how you fussy cut the image. Love the dsp you used and the lace...Great job!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A lovely card Barb - this challenge obviously took you in a different direction that you usual style, and I like your results. The flowers over the burlap are stunning - love the contrast between the flower image and the texture. Well done.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is stunning!!!