Sunday, February 28, 2016

Blessings



This is my card for our every other month swap for an awesome group of ladies on SCS--the SOTC--Sisters of the Traveling Cards!  Judy is our hostess for February and she posted the following:You may have noticed in my posting the other day that I have chosen the word "Blessings" as my focus for 2016. Because I consider each one of you a blessing in my life and in the spirit of that word I would like you to create a card with the theme of "Counting my Blessings". This can be a "Thank You" card or one of "Encouragement" or "Praise". As an option I would love for you to incorporate a butterfly on your card. I love butterflies for their beauty and for their symbolism. Here are some examples:
Symbolic Butterfly Meanings
• Time                • Soul                   • Grace                • Growth
• Elegance          • Expansion           • Lightness          • Surrender
• Transition        • Expression           • Celebration       • Resurrection
• Vulnerability
I look forward to seeing your creations!



I have a few Stampin' Up Butterfly Stamp sets as well as matching dies and punches.  I also took out some Stampin' Up oldies from my collection.....  Everyday Enchantment DSP and Peach Stitch Poly Ribbon.




I hope Judy and the others in our sisterhood like my card!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Papillion Potpourri/Short & Sweet Sentiment

Cardstock:  Gina K White; SU
 Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Chocolate Chip, Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper

Ink:  SU Calypso Coral, Chocolate Chip


Accessories:  SU Peach 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon, Oval and Butterfly Punches, Orange Brads; Brown Baker's Twine




2 comments:

Margaret said...

I love butterflies! This is a great card and I really like the dp that you used for it. Hugs and blessings.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty card Barb - love the butterflies over that gorgeous paper
Blessings
Maxine