Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dueling Darlings and Gardens!


It is the 15thof the month and that means we get to show off another Dueling Darlings challenge. Tami and Darlene are the Darlings who came up with the challenge and theme for the teams this month.  Tami is a Diva and Darlene is one of the Dazzlers.

The theme is Gardening. 
We had a cute moose image--Garden Riley.  Tami also sent along some sweet papers and using some of them was a great challenge.  Tami set a couple that were 1/4 circles and I really wanted to use one of them.  So--I trimmed part of one side off and put it in the corner of my card.  Tami also sent a variety of embellishments and I did try to use a few of them.

Tami also asked us to share a gardening tip--well.................  water and manure are two great tips for any gardener.  And--a greenhouse helps for spring planting in Wisconsin!

 
Here is the inside of my card with a Inky Antics Sentiment:


Image/SentimentRiley and Company-Garden Riley/Inky Antics Butterflies and Garden set Sentiment

PaperStampin' Up White, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green; My Little Shoebox Farmers Market-Farm Fresh; KI Memories-Family Time
Brown
Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories--Copic Markers; Flowers; Dotted Ribbon; Button with Baker's Twine; Butterfly Gem; Orange Glitter Gems


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Riley and Company--Terrific Texture
Stamping Sensations--Animal Antics
Addicted to Stamps--Outdoors  
Brown Sugar--Summer
The Stamping Boutique--Flower Embellishment


Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful cards that have been created this month!



16 comments:

MiamiKel said...

That's it! I'm heading up! I absolutely LOVE your greenhouse! Oh my daughter would be doing back flips! So close to God and our homegrown roots, LOVE this .......

Your card is fabulous - I love the simplistic look to it yet it's so striking!

*Gardening Hugs!*

Carol W said...

Great card Barb, I love that you used the quarter circle in this manner. I too wanted to use one of them but struggled. (I cut mine into a strip and used it). I know your greenhouse is amazing I too have a picture and your gardens are two thumbs up. Your talents in gardening are amazing and give one a peaceful feeling just having them surround you...Great job on your card and your gardens. I'm so blessed that you are my friend and that we are Divas together.

dweatter said...

What a card card! I love the layout you used. That half circle DP and the scalloped DP are great and your embellishments are perfect. This card is amazing.

~Paola~ said...

very sweet immie and good color combo of yellow/green and brown...
it gives your card a monochromatic feeling to it too...*well done*
PS your greenhouse is da bomb!!wow!

:: BlueInks :: said...

You did such a good job at using so many of the embellies in the kit! I love the yellow boots on the image!

Your greenhouse is great. I would probably have to turn it into a stamp room! ;)

Darlene said...

Super sweet card, Barb!! Lovin' those half scallop circles of DP, very nice!! The shades of yellow, brown and touches of green are so pretty together. I also admire the flower in the upper corner!

Yes, manure is a great friend of gardens!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Barb - love your dramatic choice of colour. I would love a green house, but I do pretty well with the manure/compost/worm 'juice' and water combination.
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your card is darling- love the sweet Riley image and the great coloring job you did on it. Also loving the inside too! Wowza- your greenhouse is amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi Barb, fab card. I love that crazy image and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

Stephanie said...

So cute, so many great details on your card. Thanks for playing along this time at Riley & Co.

Sol said...

What a cute image of the moose in the garden!!.. that could be me!!
Fun and Happy Colors.. Lovely Design!!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

Kendra said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Riley and Company!

Kendra said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Riley and Company!

kadie said...

Cute card, Barb! Great layout and love the sentiment inside. HUGS!

Melina said...

I love your card! So so cute!
I want a greenhouse like yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sally H said...

Such a cute card - great design too! Thanks for joining in with our animal antics theme at stamping sensations this month!