Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dueling Darlings ~ A Christmas Story


It is the 15thof the month and that means we get to show off another Dueling Darlings challenge. Our hostesses for December are Kelly for the Divas and Jeanette for the Dazzlers.  These wonderful ladies are the founders of our group-and no, that does not mean they are very old.............. 
Kelly and Jeanette challenged us this month to make a Christmas card with our choice of two wonderful images and a matching sentiment.  I really liked all of the papers and embellishments that Kelly sent--they were all of a "country" type theme.  I used to decorate "Country"--in the 70's and 80's when it was popular! 



Here is the inside of my card.  



I really love the papers in this card and wanted to use as much of it as I could.  Kelly also had a glittery silver paper in our kit--and I really wanted to use that.  But--I am saving that for another card to be posted later this month.

Thanks to Jeanette and Kelly for a wonderful challenge this month--and for an awesome group of ladies to work/play with each month.  It is a blast to send as well as receive the kits each month and then to check out the blogs to see what everyone creates with the same items.

Edited on Monday--I guess I should have looked closer at the image when I put it on the card to make sure it was straight............................

Image/SentimentInky Antics Angel Gabriel and Starlight Sentiment

PaperGina K White; Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze and Cranberry Crisp; Carta Bella Winter Fun Designer Papers

InkMemento Tuxedo Black

Accessories--SU Cranberry Crisp Stitched Ribbon over gold ribbon; Blue Brads; White and Silver Stars with dewdrops on top; Frost Glitter button with Blue Bakers Twine; Fancy Labels Dies

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. I am sure you will enjoy all of the Christmas Cards that have been created this month!



9 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Barb! Loved how you used the papers in the kit and the marvelous die cuts framing that beautifully colored angel Gabriel! What a terrific way to incorporate those "gems" from the kit!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Very pretty card barb! I love that angel image and the design is perfect! Like the inside too! Merry Christmas!

dweatter said...

Gorgeous cards Barb! I love the layout your used and the wonderful color combination. Your card is just beautiful.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Whew! You had me scared there for a moment, Barb... I thought you were suggesting Kelly is OLD. I knew that you couldn't be referring to me as old. ;) Glad you clarified what you meant.

And your card - it's fabulous! Love all the papers and the cute cute image that is colored so beautifully. Love the country feel.

Very nicely done, my dueling friend!

:: BlueInks :: said...

It is great at how much of the kit you were able to use on this cute card! I love the die cut - looks perfect with the image. All of your extra touches shine through!

Carol W said...

Wow, wow, wow Barb, Love your card. It is just adorable and so country looking..I remember that "time frame" of the country theme... makes me smile. You did an amazing job with your kit... I am so glad we are Divas and friends.....Christmas Blessings to you, Becca and your family..
Hugs,

Melina said...

This is so cute! I love how you cut out around the image. Super papers Kelly sent the Divas too! :)

Heather B said...

Great card, Barb!

Darlene said...

Oh my word, this is really a great card, Barb! Love that Nestie die cut you used for the image and its layer!

I also admire how you used the layers of DP in your layout, it's so great to see how you do that. Maybe someday I will attempt...but it will be a long time LOL

I'm so blessed by the Dueling Darlings, and you are one of those blessings.